November was kind of a blah month for us. We were both ill for the majority of November. Yeah, there were a few days when we felt better... being sick is exhausting. It is fine when one of us is sick as the well person can take care of the sick one, but we learned we can manage to take care of each other even though neither of us felt great. I remember thinking how I was thankful that we are usually pretty healthy and I was happy that we would both feel much better in a few days. But the few days turned into a few weeks... the sickness continued without reprieve. Our 1 year anniversary was low-key because of this. It was just nice to relax together. We finally got Jeff in to see the doctor on the 30th because he was so sick and has some lumps on his neck. The doctor thinks he probably has swollen lymph nodes from a sinus infection so he is on antibiotics for the next week or so. :0( Here's to hoping they work!
Our apartment looks as ill as we do. Thats all I'm going to say about that.
Our dear friend Hope visited us mid-November! This was a huge highlight for us as we really enjoy her company. It was just like the old days at Calvin- our sophomore year, the three of us hung out all the time. :0)
Thanksgiving was nice. We spent it with Jeff's family, had a nice traditional turkey dinner, and I fell asleep on their couch after the meal.
I started reading the book Hot Flat and Crowded. It is interesting so far and I'm on page 300 out of like 400.
On Our budget: We did really well this month and saved 1/3 of our income again this month. This of course doesn't reflect the fact that we paid off ALL our loans: for school and my car. But these special transactions came out of savings so they were not pulled from our monthly income. Jeff's and my anniversary gift to each other is being Debt Free!! We saved up our money and decided we would start our second year of marriage off right! We are both relieved not to have to take these moneys out each month and more importantly, now we can continue to save up our money for a house, and kids, and exciting endeavors like that! :0)
I finally mailed my sister's birthday gift on the 30th of Nov...... a month and a 1/2 late. I'm such a bad sister. We hope they like them though.
No comments:
Post a Comment