Thursday, December 9, 2010
New Opportunities... Thankfully Thursdays
A few days before thanksgiving my husband came home from work and excitedly told me about this night position that had opened up in the variety department... I listened to everything he told me and said, "it sounds like you are really excited about this, you should go for it!" And he was like, "No silly, not for me... for you!" See I thought he had been talking about himself switching departments so we would both be working nights, but he was actually suggesting that I apply for this position. After figuring that out, I was a little hesitant because I'm not loving working at night. But after he reminded me that there would be other people around, and I would not just be sitting at a desk the whole night, I quickly got on board. So, I turned in my application not really knowing what to expect. I interviewed for the position and was offered the job. I am thankful to have a fresh start and learn some new skills. :0) Jeff is super enthusiastic about me working at the same company and store as him, which I think is really sweet. His excitement has rubbed off on me a little too. So, I have 3 more nights at the hotel and then I start sometime this next week at WinCo. I am thankful for this new opportunity to learn new things, meet new people, and grow as a person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment