In just 3 days I'll be in the town I grew up in (and the home I grew up in- for perhaps the last time). I haven't really given too much thought about the emotional connections of saying goodbye to the home in which I grew up. A home that welcomed me back after many a surgery, where I had my first kiss, in which I woke up every morning to the sound of my dad putsing around the kitchen, where my sister and I played house together and sang together, where we celebrated many family gatherings, where our family ate dinner together every night, where I learned to experiment in the kitchen, where I learned to play the piano... So many good memories will surely flood me when I come and go for the last time. I am in tears right now thinking about how hard it will be to say goodbye. The house will never be the same. And its not like I can drive by it any time I want to now that I've moved so far away. Ok I really need to stop thinking about this because I am feeling really sad. Its not that I don't want mom and dad to move because I know it will be a good thing for them- even necessary as they see it. It is just really weird to think of another family or person living there, eating there, sleeping there. There is just no other way to describe it.
I'm going to start packing early but I'm waiting until Jeff gets home to start the laundry however because he wants his work shirts washed.... He has the next 3 days off which is definitely a blessing that we get to spend lots of quality time together before I leave because I will surely miss him while I'm away.
I just reorganized the whole pantry because my husband will be doing all his own food preparing/ cooking for the next 2 1/2 weeks... Now everything is accessible and easy to see... (Except for the chocolate chips... I hid those). ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment