Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5 months. 10 days. and sports.

As of today, Jeff and I have been married for 5 months. We celebrated yesterday because Jeff had the whole day off! Today, there is the Blazer/Suns game which we will most likely watch in our apartment since Jeff's family is busy this evening. We haven't yet watched a whole game on our big screen... So, I'm real excited to pop popcorn, eat fishy crackers, and relax together while watching it in the comfort of our own living room!

Rooting for the Blazers Feb. 9th, 2010
I've never been one to appreciate professional sports. However, ever since Jeff's Birthday, when we went to a live Blazer basketball game, I have become more comfortable with the potential positive effects that sports events have on society. I am too tired and lazy to get into this discussion now, but I can say that I'm learning more and more about how to have team spirit, what the term "playoffs" means, and am slowly getting acclimated with terminology associated with certain plays... thanks to husband who is so patient with me.

In just ten days, I will be in California for a long visit. Although I am super excited to be visiting my family, I worry that it might be too long and my parents might get tired of having me there since they've been completely empty nesters for 5 months now. (Even though I know they miss me when I'm in Portland, having me back might help them realize how much they appreciate their time together). It will be interesting to see how our family dynamic has changed, if at all. I'm looking forward to seeing my sister and Billy again too. Since Jeff's trip up to Sumner WA was canceled, I'm so hoping he can fly down and visit too for a few days. But as we are trying to save money and he wants to work as much as possible, it may not work out. :0( The good things about Jeff not going on his trip to Sumner is we know his cell phone will work so we'll be able to talk unlimited without paying a roaming fee- which sounds like a big hastle to set up! Another good thing is that Jeff will be on his own for 2 1/2 weeks which is significant because he's never lived "on his own" before... He told me his goals for while I'm gone... getting back in the habit of going jogging, and reading books a ton... :0)

Jeff had 3 days off in a row... last weekend and this weekend he does too. As much as I would love to take a trip up to Seattle to see Laura... I think Jeff would rather use the time off to catch up on sleep... fair enough, he deserves a break.

On Friday of last week, Jeff took the day off and I was finally able to go to a doctor for a referral to a new cardiologist since I am way over due for my 8 month check up! The Doctor's brother and sister went to Calvin College... what a small world. Hopefully the cardiology office will call this week to set up the appointment?!

No comments: