Friday, October 15, 2010

Birthday Pizza

Jeff came home with beautiful flowers and a the Beatles 1 CD for my birthday.

After listening to the CD and slow dancing together in our living room we couldn't figure out what else to do to celebrate. The day before, we had already gone out for breakfast at Bread and Ink to celebrate my 26 years. We agreed we didn't want to spend too much more money and figured we were both hungry for pizza of the homemade variety. After going by Winco to pick up the necessary pizza ingredients I realized I was hungry for birthday cake. We quickly scoped out Fred Meyer's dessert selection and picked out two frosting filled cupcakes with gigantic frosting flowers each proportional to the cups of cake.


It was around 7:15... too late, we thought, to start making the pizza if we were to stop by his family's house later. So, we decided to head on over to the Dekker family's house for Josh's beef and vegetable curry. Although I didn't get around to making the birthday pizza until tonight, I did take a few photos of the garlic, basil, shallot, yellow & red tomato, gruyere & mozzarella cheese pizza. It's in the oven now wafting heavenly scents of tomato, spices, and cheese through the kitchen...I can't wait to taste it!




The tomatoes used on the pizza were from Jeff's mom who gave me this beautiful box of fruits and veggies complete with a small bouquet of autumn colored mums. I can't wait to use the rest of this fresh produce in my cooking!

No comments: