Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Whole Grain Tortillas

Here are some photos of my newest favorite thing to make.
Last night, Jeff and I made Whole Wheat tortillas to stuff with Tillamook cheddar cheese, brown rice, oniony goodness, and pinto & black beans to make delicious burritos.

First we soaked the flour for 24 hours so to maximize the health benefits of the grain. When the dough was ready, it looked like moist brown sugar... yum! As someone who isn't patient when it comes to getting stuff done in the kitchen, I was proud of myself for letting the process complete the full 24 hours. :0)

Here are some of the 'post-soak' photos.

Rolling out the Tortilla.


Action shot


JalepaƱo, onion, shallot, garlic, cumin, olive oil.


Above description plus beans and homemade tomato paste.


"DoubleBean" Cheese and Brown Rice Burrito.


Today I'm making homemade hamburger buns for summer grilled vegetable sandwiches (and hamburgers later this week!) I'll let you know how the buns turn out.

No comments: