Yesterday I made my first cheesecake.... Here is the catch... There is no cream cheese, no confectioners, brown or white sugars, no honey, no butter, no eggs, no cream, and no baking involved! And there are only 7 ingredients! It's a raw vegan cheesecake! Jeff and I have been attempting to eat more "raw" foods lately. Raw meaning: not cooked, and not highly processed. So more green smoothies, more vegetables and fruits in their natural state, less meat, less sugar, less bread & pasta, and apparently more cheesecake. I downloaded this particular cheesecake recipe from therawchef.com. This cheesecake tastes like and looks as close to the real thing as we can tell, although we've never actually eaten real 'pomegranate flavored' cheesecake before, but it definitely tastes like a cheesecake.
So, what is in it? The filling is made out of Cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, vanilla, salt, and pomegranate juice. What about the crust? Well, take the first 6 ingredients I listed and vary their measurements and you have the crust. Next time I might try almonds or pecans for the crust and I'm sure it would be equally tasty. It was almost too easy to make which means I'll be whipping it up again in the future with (or without) visitor's requests... Any excuse I have to make this... I will take advantage of! Jeff and I both had some for breakfast!
Here are some more photos of this fun kitchen crafting adventure:
The Crust...
The Filling is set...
Ta Da...
2 comments:
Breakfast raw cheesecake. Sounds so good!
Dang it--I booked my next flight to the Pac. Northwest through Eugene instead of Portland. Now I see that was a big mistake. :) :D
Post a Comment